Monday, June 12, 2017

Purpose Driven Life Day 40 and Summary

Day 40, June 9th, "Living with Purpose"
     - "Living on purpose is the only way to really live. Everything else is just existing." (Rick Warren). Proverbs 19:21 says, "You can make many plans, but the Lord's purpose will prevail." We have to live with a purpose. Their are three basic issues people struggle with.
  1. Identity - Who am I?
  2. Importance - Do I matter?
  3. Impact - What is my place in life?
Through reading all 40 days of the book you should have a good idea of what your identity, importance, and impact are. Develop a purpose statement for your life and then review it regularly. Your purpose statement should summarize God's purposes for your life. It should also point the direction of your life, define "success" for you, clarify your roles, and express your shape. "Goals are temporary, purposes are eternal." (Rick Warren)

LIFE'S FIVE GREATEST QUESTIONS
   1. What will be there center of your life?
        - "Worry is the warning light that God has been shoved to the sidelines." (Rick Warren).
   2. What will be the character of your life?
   3. What will be the contribution of your life?
   4. What will be the communication of your life?
   5. What will be the community of your life?

GOD WANTS TO USE YOU!
   - Allow him to.

Point to Ponder: Living with purpose is the only way to really live.
Verse to Remember: "For David...served the purpose of God in his own generation." Acts 13:36
Question to Consider: When will I take the time to write down my answers to life's five great questions? When will I put my purpose on paper?

Summary
    - This book has been a life changer. I look at life differently. God has shown me some amazing insights through this book. I fully understand my purpose now. I would recommend this book to anyone and I would recommend reading with a partner or forming a small group and go through it. This book has helped bring me back to the foundation of my life. I will be reading this book every year starting May 1st. Review your notes from your reading and discuss it with others. Most of all, pray each day after reading it.



1 comment:

  1. I'm average not a drawing card but I believe usable to god

    ReplyDelete