Saturday, July 22, 2017

Date Nights with God

Date Night with God
     It's a Saturday night, I am a 27 year old single girl, you would expect me to be out on a date or enjoying time with my spouse and kids. Instead I have been "blessed" with the stage of singleness in my life. I am in a transition stage in my life. I'm finishing up school and getting ready to apply to jobs all over the country. I have decided to not pray for a particular job but to pray for guidance and to go where God leads me. So, tonight I had a date night with God. I read through my devotionals and read through the rest of Romans. God is my date until He places another man in my life to help me grow in this walk of life together. In the last 3-4 months, I have spent a lot of time with God and have grown stronger in my prayer life and my bible reading life. I have learned more in the past 3 months then I have sense I first got saved. I have read several books as well to help develop myself and become a stronger christian. I have also partaken in two 24 hour fasts. I have learned a lot about myself as well. I still have a lot more to learn and develop into but, when I am ready I am confident that God will place the right man in my life to be my permanent "date". Until then I am contend with my date nights with God. Here are two quotes from my two of the most influential pastors in my life.

"Your best days can still be in front of you if you put God at the center again." Bill Purvis

"Out of our greatest misery often comes our greatest ministry." Brent Purvis

So if you are in a stage of singleness in your life. I challenge you to have some date nights with God. When you are feeling lonely, spend sometime with God. He misses you, He wants your attention. Embrace your singleness as lonely as it can be.


Jenn😘

No comments:

Post a Comment